art

Fashion is Art

02:44

Fashion is a form of art. This was proven by the Maison Margiela spring to summer artisanal collection by John Galliano, that was shown on the runway a few days ago.The collection, which gives a clue in the title 'artisanal' was inspired by art, mostly portraits. The collection contained clothing pieces with faces painted or sewed into them.  My personal favourite from the collection is the white coat that has bonded cotton, a black tulle binding, pouring out to form a face that was handmade by artist Benjamin Sine, I think the piece is so unique and I love how the face stands out from the white cotton coat. It is so eye catching.


This piece is so quirky! A mix of rainbow colours are bonded together to form a tongue appearing from a face, it almost reminds me of the very famous snap chat filter. I think it is amazing what designers can do with just fabric.




A few of the runway looks, had models with face paint on which seems to be inspired by 'pop art'. I haven't seen makeup similar on the runway before. I like how creative the collection has been as it brings new life to fashion. Runways can sometimes be repetitive, with similar collections being delivered all the time by brands. I think its nice when a brand thinks outside the box.

Hopefully in the future more brands can think outside the box with their collections and models!

Thankyou for reading

Images from Vogue

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments