Cruelty Free Makeup

09:26



Many brands in the industry are making a change to stop animal testing and to make their beauty products cruelty free. There has been big changes in the industry with many brands trying to be ethical. I think that this is mostly due to the changes in consumers. There has been a huge increase in people being vegetarian and vegan. According to the telegraph the number of vegans in Britain has risen by more than 360 percent over the past decade. There are over 3 million vegetarians in the UK which creates a huge consumer demand for cruelty free products. Even if consumers are not vegetarians/vegans, many still agree that animal testing is wrong, which puts pressure on brands to create cruelty free makeup. It is uncertain whether brands change to cruelty free because they are ethical or because they see it as an opportunity to earn higher profits.

I have been a vegetarian since July 2015 which is almost a year and a half. I have been swapping my love for Mac cosmetics and instead I have been purchasing from Nars. Nars are cruelty free and they sell some of my favourite products I've ever purchased. I wrote a whole blog post about Nars - Here


My favourite drug store cruelty free brand is Milani. I recently purchased one of their foundations from beauty bay which was only £11. The link to it is here  Milani do not have the best shade range but because the product has been so popular I am hoping they will bring out more shades. The shade I currently have is slightly too dark for me. I first heard about the foundation from Tati. She is one of my favourite you tubers (due how relaxed but professional her videos are). My next purchase will hopefully be one of their blushes due to how cute and unique their packaging is. Their blushes are only £9 which means they are not going to break the bank. 


Not my image, Source - http://www.collectivebeautyblog.com/


A setting spray I cannot live without is the Urban Decay all nighter. Urban Decay are cruelty free. I have only tried their settings spray which I use all over my face after completing my makeup, it is amazing at making sure makeup stays on all day long. I would love to try more of their product range.


The product I use everyday on my eyebrows is thankfully cruelty free! I use the dip brow pomade by Anastasia Beverly Hills. When I heard Anastasia was cruelty free I was so pleased as there are so many of her products I couldn't live without. Anastasia is difficult to get in the UK so I purchase from beauty bay. They have most of her famous products like the contour kits but they do not have any of her lip products, which I so badly want to try! hopefully when I make a trip to America next year I can pick some up!


Thank you for reading. I hope that more brands will eventually turn cruelty free as animal testing is an out dated method of testing products and it is also cruel. I have included a list of all the cruelty free brands. If you have any product recommendations that are cruelty free please leave them in the comments! I'm always looking to try new products and brands.Image Source - http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/list-of-cruelty-free-brands/

x

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments