FCP Trip To London

13:50


Welcome back to my blog!

I recently went on a trip to London with my course at university. I study fashion communication and promotion at Nottingham Trent university. I have only been doing my course a few weeks but I am loving it already. As a part of the course we were given a trend to research. My trend was 'Serious Slashes'. As a part of our research we explored London to see if brands were selling our trend and if consumers were wearing it.


The first place we went to was Harrods. We were very lucky in Harrods and found many brands incorporating our trend. We also saw some stunning collections from a range of designers.





Roberto Cavalli




Looking through clothes to find our trend took a while!



I didn't manage to capture a great picture but the lift at Harrods was even luxurious, the whole interior was rose gold! It looked really amazing.


We then decided to go to the V&A museum but on the way we spotted a cosmetics company selling Kylie lip-kits for £80 each which is crazy!!


The V&A museum 



I love the art work featured around the museum




After the V&A museum we walked to Dover street market. On the way we accidentally came across Buckingham palace! It was stunning but unfortunately I couldn't get a good picture due to the lighting. It was surreal seeing the palace in person for the first time.




The gates near the palace were so grand, they looked like something from a movie



Dover street market was one of my favourite places to visit as a fashion student due to how creative the store was, it was inspiring to see.















I loved the Burberry store, they had the kindest staff from any shop we had been to! We were offered drinks by the staff and they were very sweet asking if we needed any help.


The Burberry store layout was so unique, the store had multiple levels that you could explore. I thought that the store had a relaxed feeling towards it, there were sofas featured throughout so you could sit down while you shop!


They had a huge advertisement video at the back of the store that would play while you were shopping.





.
This image of Liberty London was taken from Google as I didn't get a picture of the outside

We went into Liberty London which had an old style feel towards it. The inside had lots of wood and dark exteriors which was different to the other luxury stores that were quite bright.







Carnaby street had lots of my favourite shops e.g. Brandy Melville and Mac. I like the fact they had American stores like Brandy Melville as it is difficult to find in the UK.

Next we went to Bond street that was filled with designer brands! I didn't get many photographs as I was too busy being in awe of all the amazing brands!



 I didn't personally like this shop window for Chanel, I thought it was almost boring compared to the other window displays we had seen for example Jo Malone which instantly grabbed your attention as you were walking past.









We then went for a Nando's after such a long day. We had walked over 29,000 steps which is crazy! I tried the Beanie burger in Nando's due to being vegetarian but unfortunately I wouldn't recommend it. Although our food came in five minutes which is amazingly fast!


 Thank you for reading such a long post! I had an amazing time in London with the girls on my course. I would recommend London to anyone who hasn't been, this was my first time in London and I loved it. I think it would be amazing to go near Christmas time due to all the amazing lights and displays that will be there!

I hope you liked this style of post from me as it's not something I usually do. I have a New York trip in January so be expecting more travel posts!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments